Wonder Day 12.2.14 - Bob Winberry


I was the All-American Bad Ass Dream: living among drug dealers, drug users, cons, ex-cons, pimps, and prostitutes. Rode motorcycles, went to Woodstock, traveled Europe, got drafted, went to San Francisco and she walked into my life and it was love at first sight. For me at least: she didn’t even look my way. So for ten years I was very alone, then one day, turning the corner at Haight & Ashbury to work on the Grateful Dead house, I heard someone calling my name and there she was. Three years later she became my wife: I MARRIED UP and that’s what it took to turn my life around.

So, as I see it, there is nothing you can do to make or break anything. Just be nice, be kind, be helpful, and root for the underdog even if it’s not you. 
PS. You can read all about it in the novel, Noah's Art.


Bob Winberry - Facebook
Image credit: Bob during his Haight & Ashbury time; Bob with his daughter