Wonder Day 5.24.15

Over the past few years, I have dealt with a lot of stress and anxiety. I often bite my nails and find various things to worry about. School usually gives me the most stress, and it can be challenging to cope with it. Recently, I took up running, which greatly improves my mental health. At first, I made this change in my lifestyle to stay active and fit, but I soon found out that running is a great escape for me. I can escape my troubles and my worries, and enter into an entirely different state. I put my headphones in and release myself from reality. Running is like a form of meditation for me; I can alleviate myself from stress and just focus on my mind. This form of exercise helps me manage my stress. I have wanted to change my stress levels for a long time, and running has certainly helped with that. Because of running, I feel that I am a much calmer person and I feel happier. I love sweating during these runs because I equate it to the washing away of my stress. I also love to surround myself with nature when I run because I can connect spiritually with that. - high school student, Florida