Wonder Day 11.13.14 - Lindsay Walz

The 35W Bridge in Minneapolis, MN collapsed and fell into the Mississippi River on August 1, 2007. I was on that bridge. It changed me and now I want to use it to change the world-- at least my little part of it. - Lindsay Walz. 

I have this hashtag: #flyanyway. It's kind of become my motto lately because as much as I want to fly, I have a tendency to lift off and quickly come back to earth. See, my flight comes with weight, and the weight kept me grounded for many years.

A few months ago, I was given a gift from the Universe: flying lessons for hawks in our back yard. They already knew how to fly, but they didn't know how to fly with the weight of something in their talons. The message was clear: keep practicing.

So that's what I'm doing these days. I'm taking my own kind of flying lessons. I'm learning how to shine my light and take flight-- in spite of my fears and grief. I'm practicing bravery and courage, everyday, because I believe our world would be a little bit better if we all lived with courageous heARTS.

Lindsay Walz - founder and creative director, courageous heARTS