November 10, 2013

I started to think about what I am doing right now. I am sitting on the couch. With the dog. In the past I would not have sat on the couch when it is beautiful out, or when I thought I should be just moving through a bunch of work that I thought should be done on Saturday afternoon. But I'm sick, and sometimes I get sick and while I hated my mother laying on the couch for what seemed most of her life, I now know that I will not turn into my mother if I sit on the couch and do nothing. And I can think, forgive and smile at the fact that my mother loved laying on the couch and this really didn't injure me in any major way. She might have been trying to teach me that the world would go on if she didn't do as much as I wanted her to do. While I did not want to believe this, it really was true. The world has gone on, despite the fact that my mom didn't do all the things her daughter thought should get done. 

And I can lay on the couch and do whatever I feel like and enjoy the time being still.  - This is the first submitted personal positive change. It was emailed to Wonder Anew.